Sunday, October 05, 2008

Yes, very erotic.

Being moderately hungover and fatigued at work on Saturday, the following interaction with a rather normal looking, early 40's-ish woman was the clear highlight of the morning.

(Woman approaches me at a checkout desk)

Woman: Where would I find your erotic section?

Me: Oh, we have two separate areas. I'll show you. (I walk her to the erotic romance novels, which are generally geared towards women.)

Woman: Oh, thanks. (looks around) Hmmm. I don't think that you have the series that I am looking for. You have some of the author's regular romance novels, but there is a specific erotic fantasy series that I'm looking for. I bought the first in the series here and I was hoping to flip through some of the others to see if they are as good as the first one.

Me: Well, if we've had the first book in the store before, it's very likely that we could order the others in for you.

Woman: No thanks, don't go to the trouble. I don't know if I want to order them without having a chance to look at them first, but it's good to know that I could. Now, you said you had another section. I remember seeing one with a lot more S & M sort of stuff.

Me: Yeah, you just walk up past that desk and take a left.

Woman: Thanks for all your help! (Walks towards the other erotic section.)

...

The highlight of the afternoon was working in the stockroom and not having to talk to anyone.

No comments: